Monday, February 6, 2012

Date with God {bringing C4C home}

One of the things we get SO MUCH feedback on from the Created for Care retreats are the Date with God times. Different stations are set up for moms to go to where they can pray and reflect in different areas. It's hard to explain--but trust me...if you come to a retreat--the first thing you will want to do after you register is to make sure you sign up for a "Date with God" time for your weekend!

After last year's retreat--there were days I desperately needed a quite time yet my kids were under my feet. Instead of withering away and letting frustration of needing REST and QUIET compound--I just took my littles with me, and I would recreate one of the Date with God sessions right here in our home. Modeling my time with the Lord and even how to have creative quiet time not only stilled my heart--but it is amazing to watch your kids rest with you. We even have had play dates where we invited our friends to join us in the fun!

There are so many nuggets I feel the Lord has given me through other moms at Created for Care called to serve with us...older moms who have gone before us...and this is just one of the many sweet things I have taken from the retreats and brought home...



Such a beautiful reminder of raising our children at His altar. "Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young--a place near your altar, O LORD Almighty, my King and my God." Psalm 84:3 Raising our children near His altar means BRINGING THEM WITH US to sit at His feet even from the time they are tiny birds...this is the place He wants us to build our nest...from the very beginning.

May He give you creativity how to bring your children with you as you come to Him...

No comments:

Post a Comment